Performance and responsiveness matter. In today’s world, demand for high-performance computing (HPC) is rapidly escalating. Data-driven fields like bioinformatics, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and genomic biology need the capacity to tackle mountains of data and perform billions of operations per second.
How High-Performance Computing Equips Your Business for the Future
From improving risk analysis to accelerating research initiatives and managing heavy workloads, these tasks are key to success in the ultra-competitive world. They’re also data-intensive, pushing the limits of high-performance computing and requiring solutions that are up to the challenge.
- Provides the scale, power and density to help clients solve problems faster.
- Make better decisions by running larger, more sophisticated models.
- Spot trends faster and more effectively by reducing total time to results.
- Manage risk better by increasing accuracy and visibility of models and datasets.
How Various Industries Benefit from HPC
|Financial Services||Engineering||New Automation|
|Marketing/Retail||Oil & Gas/Energy||Oil & Gas/Energy|
Advantages of the Lenovo High-Performance Computing Ecosystem:
Lenovo’s High-Performance Computing and artificial intelligence solutions are designed to improve infrastructure performance to meet stringent computing and big data needs. Lenovo partners with academic and scientific researchers at institutions to understand their unique needs; we then leverage our broad range of High-Performance Computing solutions to help them solve the world’s biggest problems. From traditional computing to the densest High-Performance Computing workloads, the Lenovo HPC portfolio has a solution for every data center challenge.
With its High-Performance Computing solutions, Lenovo helps the enterprise meet the demands of the future, realise faster time to value, fuel innovation and accelerate results. Its ecosystem helps before and after deployment, in achieving your objectives. Some advantages of this include:
- Allows for GPU AccelerationSupport for acceleration via nVidia Tesla GPUs or Intel Xeon Phi x86 co-processors allows even the most demanding workloads that need massive parallel-threading to be processed cost-effectively.
- Ultra Fast Networking @100GbpsLenovo ThinkSystem Networking enables 40 Gbps Ethernet, or even 100 Gbps with Mellanox InfiniBand.
- High-Performance Scalable StorageThe Lenovo DSS (Distributed Storage Solution) for IBM® Spectrum Scale™ (GPFS) prevents data loss and offers a high-performance, scalable building-block approach to HPC storage needs.
- White Glove ExperienceLenovo integrates the systems, software and services, and offers a single point of support to deliver a cohesive experience to the enterprise.
- Reduce Datacenter ComplexityLenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI) is a framework for development, configuration, build, delivery and support of integrated data center solutions.
- Lenovo HPC Software StackLeverages Open Source components, besides partnerships with vendors to provide “Best in-Class” HPC Cluster Solutions and optimise customer workloads.
- Energy EfficiencyThe Water Cool Technology (WCT) system is an innovation that optimises data center density, and leads to lower TCO with savings of up to 40% on power and cooling costs
Lenovo’s High-Performance Computing solution portfolio makes it easy to deploy an efficient, consolidated HPC infrastructure that meets evolving challenges—while delivering the performance that users demand in data-driven worlds like academic research. Lenovo’s market-ready solutions, comprising powerful servers, storage and high-speed fabric with the latest Intel® processors, are equipped to handle data-intensive workloads to drive breakthroughs faster.
Share This Article