Performance and responsiveness matter. In today’s world, demand for high-performance computing (HPC) is rapidly escalating. Data-driven fields like bioinformatics, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and genomic biology need the capacity to tackle mountains of data and perform billions of operations per second.
From improving risk analysis to accelerating research initiatives and managing heavy workloads, these tasks are crucial to success in the ultra-competitive world. They’re also data-intensive, pushing the limits of high-performance computing and requiring solutions that are up to the challenge.
Lenovo’s high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence solutions are designed to improve infrastructure performance to meet stringent computing and significant data needs. Lenovo partners with academic and scientific researchers at institutions to understand their unique needs; we then leverage our broad range of HPC solutions to help them solve the world’s most significant problems.
"$47B Estimated revenues from cognitive systems and artificial intelligence in 2020—from $8 billion in 2016."
Let Lenovo Be Your Artificial Intelligence Partner
For enterprises keen to expand their artificial intelligence footprint, selecting the right artificial intelligence partner is crucial. From traditional computing to the densest HPC workloads, the Lenovo high-performance computing (HPC) portfolio has a solution for every data center challenge. Here are some of the benefits of Lenovo’s high-performance computing solutions.
- Low Total Cost of OwnershipLenovo’s warm-water cooling technology lowers total cost of ownership, resulting in superior return on investment (ROI) from high-performance computing (HPC) deployments.
- Innovative PartnerLenovo’s HPC Innovation Centers in Stuttgart and Beijing help maximise the ROI on high-performance computing (HPC). And it is opening three AI Innovation Centers this year. Lenovo has a team of HPC specialists who can work with organisations to drive AI leadership.
- High Performance and Increased ManageabilityLenovo’s team of performance and application experts and services professionals help extract the most performance out of your investments. The intelligent Cluster Orchestrator makes it easy to deploy, launch and manage enterprise-level HPC and AI system and workloads.
- Modular ExperienceLenovo’s modular approach protects existing enterprise technology investments and lowers capital expenditure. The Intelligent Cluster is factory-integrated and tested, which cuts down enterprise deployment time and risk.
- Market LeaderLenovo has the second largest share of the HPC market at 18 percent. And it is also the fastest growing HPC provider in the world (17 percent growth), says IDC.
Lenovo has helped the world's premier R&D teams and research institutions leverage HPC to tackle humanity's greatest challenges. For instance, the University of Birmingham’s data center, which was designed in the 1960’s, has limited air cooling capacity. Lenovo - the university’s Research Computing Team and its business partner, OCF - co-developed a cooling technology that’s expected to cut cooling-energy costs by up to 83 percent and permit substantially denser server configurations. Lenovo’s innovative water-cooling system not only increased the data centre’s air-cooling capacity dramatically, but enabled more compute when required.
Lenovo’s HPC solution portfolio makes it easy to deploy an efficient, consolidated HPC infrastructure that meets evolving challenges—while delivering the performance that users demand in data-driven worlds like academic research. Lenovo’s market-ready solutions, comprising powerful servers, storage and high-speed fabric with the latest Intel® processors, are equipped to handle data-intensive workloads to drive breakthroughs faster.
Share This Article